Friday, Sept 1, 2017
Doors open at 9:30 a.m.
Business Development Program 9:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Members ONLY Mastermind and Lunch 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Selling from the Stage – The Power of Storytelling
Learn how to make every speech spin off multiple high-dollar bookings. Getting the business is the toughest part of the business, and this program shares simple guerrilla marketing tactics that are simple, easy, and highly effective.
- How speakers, consultants and coaches can use stories to attract high-value clients
- Three types of stories that, when you tell them, make prospects line up to hire you
- How to structure a presentation that sells
- The secret to selling from the stage without sounding commercial
- Add drama and excitement to your program, regardless of your content
This fast-moving, highly-interactive program is your chance to learn the same advanced techniques as Hollywood’s brightest stars. Come prepared to participate and share your stories.
Deep(er) Dive 1:00 – 3:00 PM, Professional Members Only
Advanced Acting and Storytelling Skills Lab
Add impact to every story, every presentation, no matter what your topic. This small-group session will give you a unique opportunity to hone and polish your signature stories.
You will learn how to:
- Construct vivid stories that keep your audience riveted
- Use the whole stage for maximum impact
- Easily create accents, voices and characterizations
- Play multiple characters in a story at the same time
- Add mime and movement to drive your story forward
- Magically create costumes, sets and props out of thin air
You will receive lots of individual direction, personal coaching and group feedback.
Presented by a 35-year veteran of NSA, Orvel Ray Wilson, CSP, CEC, is a coauthor of the legendary Guerrilla Marketing series, with more than 23 million books sold worldwide. Unconventional, engaging and funny, he’s addressed audiences large and small in more than 1,000 cities and 44 countries, on every continent except Antarctica.
After 40 years as a professional speaker, he now coaches other professional speakers on content, stagecraft, and marketing. In 2001 he was named “Speaker of the Year” by Meeting Professionals International (MPI), San Diego, and he’s been voted one of the world’s “Top 5 Sales and Marketing Speakers” a record 5 years straight.