FRIDAY, Feb 13, 2015
Doors open at 9:00 a.m. for networking
Business Development Program 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Members ONLY Mastermind and Lunch 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
As a business owner in the professional speaking industry, you are (ultimately) in charge of everything: Content/product creation, accounting, client communications, travel logistics, and actually preparing for speeches—just to name a few. While it’s easy to be lead astray each day, you must keep laser-like focus on the most important people in your career: Decision-makers who have budgets to hire you to speak on the topics which you present.
This program will investigate the three $64,000 questions in the Speaking Business:
1. “Who are the people who book speakers within my target market?”
– What associations, companies, colleges, gov’t agency, etc.?
– What are the names and titles of people to specifically target?
– Where do they hang out? [In-person AND online?] – What associations/conferences would they belong to/attend?
– How do I know what their budget is–or if they just use pro bono speakers?
– Are they a good fit for my programs??
2. “How can I (best) contact them or get in front of them?”
– Speak for the conference/event they attend (Pro Bono vs. “Paid Showcase”)
– Email vs. Phone vs. Direct Mail vs. Other
– Have them find you (SEO, eSpeakers, Google Ads, YouTube, Targeted Articles, Media, Social Media, Referrals, etc).
– If they went to Google/YouTube to start looking for a speaker/trainer for their event, what would they type in?
– “Get Your Hat in the Ring” Philosophy
– “Sales is Math”. Opportunities vs. Closing %
3. “How can I get them to select me??”
– GREAT Branding, Relevant Topics, Catchy Program Titles
– Fantastic Website, Video, One-Sheet, etc. (all Marketing materials)
– Be a GREAT copywriter proving niche expertise, using relevant testimonials.
– Understand you have COMPETITION; know where you fit (positioning)
– Create VALUE. Always grow your sales & closing skills.
– If you speak in front of them, you must be AWESOME. (Most effective marketing)
– Be a “King or Queen of Leverage” before/during/after every speaking event
***** JOIN US AT OUR NEW COMMERCE BANK LOCATION IN KIRKWOOD *****
Location: 300 N. Kirkwood Rd, Kirkwood MO
Andy Masters, MA, CSP is an award-winning Author/Speaker who has earned 4 degrees, written 5 books, and presented hundreds of programs across North America. His events have included serving as keynote speaker for the 2013 National Institute for Staff & Organizational Development Conference with over 1,400+ attendees in Austin, TX. Andy has earned the prestigious CSP award/designation of the National Speakers Association (NSA), the highest international recognition for professional speakers, achieved by less than 10% of over 5,000+ speakers worldwide.
Andy’s professional career included working for two high-profile performance improvement and marketing services firms, where his clients included Lexus, Honda, Nestle-Purina, and Anheuser Busch. Andy is the author of the award-winning book “Kiss Your Customer: 77 Reasons Why Sales & Service Are Just Like Dating & Relationships”, and his latest book “Things LEADERS Say: A Daily Guide to Help Every Leader Empower & Inspire.” His degrees include an M.A.-Marketing and M.A.-Human Resources Development from Webster University in Missouri. Andy has also been featured on the LifeTime Television network, Investor’s Business Daily, Leadership Excellence magazine, and Sales & Service Excellence magazine. His website is www.Andy-Masters.com